Happy Thursday, y’all!
Today, I’m sharing my recipe for the BEST lemon bars. My cousins visited last weekend, and this is their most favorite dessert. It made me think that I should share the love with you all, so here we go! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do… a perfect spring treat to add to a picnic or backyard BBQ now that the weather is so beautiful!
- 1 c. butter
- 2 1/3 c. flour, divided
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1/3 c. fresh orange juice (about 1 large orange)
- 1/2 c. fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- Garnish: powdered sugar + orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease and foil line a 9x13 pan.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add 2 cups of flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and beat until a smooth dough is formed (don't over-mix!)
- Press this dough into the prepared pan, and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While the dough is baking, whisk together eggs, 1/3 cup flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, orange zest, fresh orange juice, and fresh lemon juice.
- Pour this mixture over the baked crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the bars are set.
- Let the bars cool completely until set.
- Chill, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and cut into squares.
- Garnish with orange zest, raspberries, or strawberries.